The earliest records we can find place the formation of the club as being in 1867. The Cambridge Chronicle, the local newspaper of the day, records the First Fixture that took place in the grounds of the rectory. As can be seen by the Scorecard from that match one of the players was General Hall. The Hall family owned just about all of Weston Colville and it was William Henry Hall who built the Reading Room, and was also responsible for the development of the village during the latter stages of the 19th century. As a result the village had a mill, a blacksmith’s shop, two public houses and a recreation ground which has been home to the cricket club ever since.